We believe that all skin types are beautiful, irrespective of colour, race, and age. Different skin types of people belonging to different age groups require different care.
For this purpose, we have put together this skin guide for you to not only identify your skin type, but also determine the products best suited to it. Let us take a look at the two broad categories of skin care products:
- Normal to Dry
- Normal to Oily
Although all products of Barva Skin Therapie are suitable for all skin types, here are some tips for you to identify those products that are ideal for your complexion as well as skin type.
- Normal to Dry – When you wake up first thing in the morning, without any beauty products on your face (especially night cream), observe it closely. If you feel that it is slightly dry, stretchy, or rough to touch, this means your skin is normal to dry. In some cases, either due to aging or weather conditions, your skin can become extremely dry. Dry skin is likely to age more rapidly as compared to oily skin. Hence, the focus needs to be more on keeping it moisturized and lesser on cleansing, however, appropriate cleansing products must be used to keep the skin clean and remove dead skin & product buildup.
- Refreshing Facewash followed up with Mango Butter Moisturizer (due to the anti-aging properties of mango butter) for the face.
- For the body, Lavender Body Wash followed up with the Antioxidant Pomegranate Body Lotion.
- An oil massage is recommended once a week with the Almond Pomegranate Body Massage oil.
2. Normal to Oily – A similar test as the one mentioned above can be followed to identify whether your skin is oily. Upon waking up in the morning, if you find that the forehead, nose, chin, and in some cases cheeks have a mild shine or oiliness, this means your skin is normal to oily. Oily skin is prone to blackheads, acne, and pimples. Also, it requires regular cleansing as it tends to have an oily appearance a few hours after washing. Hence, for people with oily skin, the focus should be more on following an appropriate cleansing routine. Oily skin does require the use of a moisturizer, however, it should be a one that is easily absorbed.
- Refreshing Facewash, Renew Bamboo Exfoliator, Antioxidant Pomegranate Body Lotion (it is very light & gets easily absorbed into your skin), and Turmeric Acne Spot Cream (if required).
- For the body, a bath with the Lavender Body Wash will be a highly refreshing experience!
- Exfoliate once a week with the Renew Bamboo Exfoliator
Now let us take a look at the makeup/colour cosmetics that are suitable for different shades of complexion: light, medium, and dark.
The Barva Skin Therapie SPF Foundation comes in 3 shades for the three shades of complexion mentioned above. The Luminous shade is for light skin tones, the Beige shade for medium skin tones, and the Dusk shade is for darker skin tones.
The other products, such as the Perfect Glow Creme, Lipsticks, and Kajal, can be used irrespective of your complexion. You can mix and match the lipsticks to create different looks that appeal to you. Do share these looks with us. We would love to hear about your experiences!
Also, do subscribe to our weekly newsletter (link at the bottom of the page) for innovative ways in which you can experience our products, discounts, as well as makeup hacks using our products!